Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The blazing sunlight started the motor on a solar powered rainbow maker Charlotte got for her ninth birthday. ( from my sister Vicky, giver of great gifts )
She awoke to a brilliant light show of rainbow coloured sunbeams across her room. She was so very happy. There is no greater happiness than watching Charlotte or Rebecca happy.
What a gorgeous day. I changed my gym membership to a swimming pass. The gym is joyless, truly joyless. There is nothing gratifying about running on a treadmill when the temperature rises.
Swimming, I love. I went again today and managed 46 lengths. Swimming is effortless, relaxing and invigorating at the same time. I take refuge in the water, visible only from the nose up.
When I start swimming, there is nothing else to think about but the water and me.
There is no programme to key in, no ipod to plug in, no complicated assortment of gym shoes and garments to wear and no sweat soaked armpits afterwards.
I try classes, the gym and other new fangled ways to get fit and stay fit, but I always always return to the water. I love swimming.

No comments: