Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chihuahua ?

I want a dog.
There, I've said it !
It's real. A real thought, not some airy notion.
I saw a chihuahua recently and instantly fell in love. I know it was love because I paid no heed to pesky thoughts about dog poo, chewed shoes, dog hair and that faint but ever present whiff of damp mutt which permeates around the home.
The chihuahua is a toy dog. By that, I don't mean you shove a couple of double A's into its battery slot and watch it spring into life. I mean, it's little. Very little. The smallest pooch in the history of poochdom. And I,
Melissa (-who-dislikes-being-licked-woken-early-and-has-a-serious-poo-aversion )
am phoning breeders, looking at dog crates and pink rhinestone-studded collars on ebay.
I think we are actually going to go out and actually, y'know, actually take one back home with us!
Arrrghhhhh- yay !
The best thing about it is that Gavin, who is completely apathetic on the subject of canines, didn't need persuading. Mostly because I've sold Project-Dog to him as a Melissa Project, so am taking responsibility for all the shit shovelling, dog walking and all the (many ) negative aspects to dog ownership. He will happily partake in the Disney side of doggy ownership, such as cuddling up to content creature on the couch whilst playing World of Warcrack ( I mean craft ) or watching football. It's a small price to pay.

No comments: